Original Price: €29.99
This course draws key lessons for personal leadership development from the body of knowledge that is in Adinkra symbols. These African symbols, of Ghanaian origin, portray key African principles that enable learners draw selected lessons for personal development. The course uses each symbol to teach a key principle and enables learners to discover, learn and most importantly draw lessons of personal development that can be used on their leadership journey.
This course will be instructed by KAH WALLA a globally recognised Political Leader, Activist and Entrepreneur from Cameroon.
Kah Walla is the recipient of the 2011 Vital Voices Global Leadership Award for Leadership in Public Life. Kah Walla is an entrepreneur, activist and elected official from Cameroon. She is recognized internationally for her expertise in management and for her commitment to Africa, development, women and youth. Kah is the founder and owner of STRATEGIES!, a 20-year old consulting firm based in Douala, Cameroon and working in over 22 countries in Africa, Europe and the USA. She was the 1st female presidential candidate in Cameroon in the 2011 elections. Ms. Walla studied for her MBA from Howard University, Washington DC.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in African philosophy, principles, concepts of society and more. It will also very suitable if you are an African, of African descent, live or work in Africa, study Africa or are simply curious about Africa.
This course is structured in 5 main sections:
– The Introduction which gives an overview of the course and the importance of personal development
– The second section talks about the history and importance of the Adinkra symbols, their uses both in the past and today and why we chose to base personal development on these symbols.
– Section 3 talks about developing self-awareness; examining the concept of servant leadership, the importance of being resilient and achieving excellence.
– Section 4 gives the skills and attitudes needed to improve interpersonal relationships, particularly the aspects of cooperation and mutual help, understanding and agreement, humility and strength.
– The last section talks about achieving the best results as a team and community laying emphases on unity and democracy, investing in people, entrepreneurship and hard work.
After each section, the instructor gives learners some practical exercises that allow them contextualize the lessons learned.